Our handmade beeswax wraps are a natural and reusable plastic free alternative to cling film. The wraps allow food to breathe and remain naturally fresh. They are very versatile and are available in 3 sizes.
In addition to the grey stars and stripes fabric, I regularly use offcuts of fabric from my talented maker friends (all 100% cotton) which prevents this material going to waste/landfill. Therefore, I have different fabrics available at different times. Once you place an order I will contact you to confirm which fabric is in stock so you can choose which you would prefer.
Medium wraps – ideal for wrapping sandwiches and adult sized bowls (30cm x 30cm).
Ingredients: 100% cotton, food grade natural Cheshire beeswax, natural jojoba oil and pine resin.
How to care for your beeswax wraps….
- Food must be cool before the wraps are used – never wrap hot food
- Seal the shape of the wrap with the warmth of your hands and hold it in place for a few seconds
- Wash in cool or lukewarm water with a little washing up liquid and hang out to dry – hot water will melt the wax
- The wraps should not be used in a microwave, oven or dishwasher
- The wraps can be used in the freezer for up to 1 month
- Beeswax wraps should not be used to store raw meat or raw fish
- The wraps are flammable so should be kept away from flames
- Wraps can be refreshed by warming them; either by placing them in the oven on a baking tray at 140 degrees or with a hairdryer. The wax will soften and it will soak back into the cotton
- Recycle in the compost at the end of its useful life (up to a year if looked after)