Our handmade beeswax wraps are a natural and reusable plastic free alternative to cling film. The wraps allow food to breathe and remain naturally fresh. They are very versatile and are available in 3 sizes.
In addition to the grey stars and stripes fabric, I regularly use offcuts of fabric from my talented maker friends (all 100% cotton) which prevents this material going to waste/landfill. Therefore, I have different fabrics available at different times. Once you place an order I will contact you to confirm which fabric is in stock so you can choose which you would prefer.
Small wraps – perfect for covering partially used fruit and vegetables or cheese (being careful to exclude any air), to seal jars, wrapping snacks, covering leftovers in children’s bowls or wrapping soap when travelling (20cm x 20cm).
Ingredients: 100% cotton, food grade natural Cheshire beeswax, natural jojoba oil and pine resin.
How to care for your beeswax wraps….
- Food must be cool before the wraps are used – never wrap hot food
- Seal the shape of the wrap with the warmth of your hands and hold it in place for a few seconds
- Wash in cool or lukewarm water with a little washing up liquid and hang out to dry – hot water will melt the wax
- The wraps should not be used in a microwave, oven or dishwasher
- The wraps can be used in the freezer for up to 1 month
- Beeswax wraps should not be used to store raw meat or raw fish
- The wraps are flammable so should be kept away from flames
- Wraps can be refreshed by warming them; either by placing them in the oven on a baking tray at 140 degrees or with a hairdryer. The wax will soften and it will soak back into the cotton
- Recycle in the compost at the end of its useful life (up to a year if looked after)